As well as delivering great services, we offer added value for our customers and the communities in which they live and work through our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility. Our Social Responsibility themes include Partnerships, People, Communities and the Environment and under each of these headings we are doing lots of innovative work to create better opportunities for individuals and to create stronger, thriving communities.
Some examples of the things we have been doing here at Vivark to do ‘our bit’ include:
- Using a significant proportion of our profits for real social benefit through investment in the community
- Offering apprenticeships and employment opportunities for people local to the communities in which we work
- Working with our supply chain to keep our cash local and to minimise environmental impact
- Organising workforce volunteering on repairs and maintenance for community projects
- Supporting community projects including carers projects, football teams and residents’ associations
- Investing in green technologies and new ways of working which improve the environment
The Good News
What this means for you is that, every time you work with us you are also having a positive impact on your local community.
If you would like to know more about our Social Responsibility work or explore ways in which we could work together on projects in the future we would love to hear from you. Together we can create life changing opportunities for lots of people in our communities.
Our Social Responsibility is spread across four key themes which you can find out more about on this site or read about in our Little book of CSR [pdf] 2MB
- Creating and maintaining successful partnerships
- Achieving excellence through our people
- Supporting the development of sustainable communities
- Positively managing the impact we have on our environment